Monday, March 14, 2016

13 March 2016 - A windbreaker week

Another busy week with lots of fun things to do and see.
Monday and Tuesday morning I taught Seminary with my new teaching partner, Sr. LaDosquet. She is wonderful…can’t say enough good about her. She’ll be great. I finished up Job and then she finished the week with Psalms. I’ll teach Proverbs tomorrow and then we’re on Isaiah…. Yiiippppeeee. I love that book. Not that I understand it that much but it’s like a mystery with such good story lines and it’s all for us in the last days. It’s an incredible book.
Monday night we had Kaprice Baranet over for dinner so that Vinay could show off his cooking skills. Kappy likes Indian food and she really enjoyed the meal. The rest of us liked it but it was too spicy for Rebekah and I and even Stephen and Samuel had a hard time with the heat of the red chili powder.
Tuesday afternoon, Mary Kozy came over and helped me get signed up for the free online family history accounts that are utilized with your membership in the church. Ancestry, My Heritage and 2 more (that I can’t remember and the internet is down to look them up) were available. We spent the afternoon learning but I just couldn’t get the info into my brain fast enough. I still don’t know what I’m doing…. L

That evening Samuel had a basketball game at the stake center with the Scenic Hill ward. Both teams brought their ringers, so it was close. We finally won by a few points but it was a good game.
Wednesday Stephen and I put in work outside and inside. I sewed clothes and cleaned out half of my office then we went outside and weeded and cleared out the front yard to get the paths finished. Samuel had scouts and Stephen had lots of temple recommend interviews so they were both late getting home that night.
Thursday morning after working outside for awhile. Stephen, Rebekah and I went to Old Country Buffet in Federal Way. The one in Kent is closed as OCB is bankrupt and may be going out of business. Sad day. They were one of the best places to go for lunch. I could fill up on salad and veggies and Stephen could have his meat…though he is starting to change his palette to “better things”…lol. We stopped in at Deseret Industries on the way home since Rebekah likes to increase her church book collection and we bought some books on tape for our upcoming trips to Utah.
Thursday night was Samuel’s basketball banquet. He received the “best Dancer” award in the team. He seemed very pleased with himself and asked if he could have it framed. 

His team choose him as the Best Dancer.

Samuel at his table.
Friday Samuel was out of school. That meant there was no Seminary…. We worked in the house and in the yard and that evening Stephen and I went to the Renton stake where Yesenia’s twin nieces were being baptized. Sherlynn and Sheccid. They are doing much better about being reverent in church and they are growing in the gospel. Hopefully Yesenia will be able to continue to teach them and help them learn the importance of spiritual things.
Sherlynn and Sheccid Garcia Gonzalez Baptism.

Bishop Merrill performed the baptism.

Saturday, Samuel had a Scout clinic so Stephen and I dropped him off then went to Squak Mt Nursery to pick up some more raspberry plants and then to the temple for a session. I’m finding that the temple makes everything better. My perspective, my thoughts, my emotions…. It was wonderful. On the way home, we found out that Samuel had a ride home and Stephen had an appointment at the Bishop’s storehouse learning how to operate the forklift. I dropped him off and then went to Carpinito’s to see what plants they had. Then I came back and waited for him to finish his training. We got home around 2:00. We had time to plant the raspberries before the rain and wind started up. Samuel had a dance that night and I was in bed and asleep before he was brought home by his father. What a good man I married.
Sunday, we lost an hour to daylight savings time. We already have to be up early so this made church even earlier. That was the first time we heard from Sarah that Ben had won his DanceSport competition in Cabaret. She sent a text in capital letters. What a fantastic announcement. She also said that PBD won over BYU which is an incredible feat since they’ve won the last 13 years straight. Jessica and Sarah were able to go and support their brother. That was wonderful to hear!
Ben and Carly doing Smooth.

The Treu Family with the many awards for the competition.

Stephen was able to make it to our Sacrament meeting. Our two missionaries spoke about receiving revelation and then a sister in the ward spoke about receiving inspiration as a parent. They were good discourses. Mary Kozy gave a lesson on Isaiah in the Book of Mormon which was great since I’m starting on Isaiah this week. Then I went to Renton to see the confirmation of the twins. Stephen had a ward conference at the Clarke Lake Ward so he couldn’t go. Bishop Merrill did a nice job but he spoke in English because the girls understand English better than Spanish and on the second confirmation he forgot to say the words “confirm you a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” he just said “receive the Holy Ghost”. So he had to say it again and this time he did it in Spanish.
On the way home it was windy enough to push the car over to the side of the road. And it started in rain really hard. There were branches of trees falling and blowing around. I was getting a little worried. Then as I came up to Kent-Kangley on 132nd there was a huge maple tree that had been blown over onto the power lines and almost all the way across the street. There was only one lane open. The Fire truck was coming down the road so I figured it had just happened. Thankfully no one appeared hurt.
The lights were out at the house, so I just fixed a salad for dinner and sliced some home-made bread. We ate by candle light and then played games. At least Rebekah and I played, Samuel wanted to go back to bed. Stephen didn’t get back home until 6:30 that night and there was a fireside at the Stroud’s house for Samuel so I took him and Stephen picked him up at 8:30.
I was an amazing week.


No comments:

Post a Comment