Sunday, August 28, 2016

28 August 2016 - Finishing up Summer

What a wonderful week it has been. Talking to many of our family members, visiting with friends and finishing up some of the chores in the house.
   Monday was a "restart" day of unpacking, weeding, watering and organizing. We made phone calls for appointments, planned the week's activities and tried to get into the routine for the week. We had FHE that night on the Plan of Salvation that outlines the plan in a way that spells "L_O_V_E".
Then we talked about Christ's role in the plan and that He is in every aspect of the plan, the Creation through the Atonement. The Plan is LOVE from both the Father and His Son. It was a different way to look at the plan but the more important and enlightened way. Christ is the only means whereby we can fulfill the plan for our lives. It was great to see it and feel the spirit bear witness to the truth!
   Tuesday I went over to visit with Sheryl Sprague. She had her grandson with her and so she wanted to go outside and visit while he played with his remote control airplane in the street. I noticed the lovely grapevine of her next door neighbor. She said that he put it in last year. I was very impressed. I had to take a picture to show Stephen.
One year's growth...looks great.
It would be great to have something like that in our yard.
   Wednesday, Sr. LeDosquet came by and we talked Seminary. We have 12 students assigned to our class and we'll be meeting in the nursery room in the Kentwood building. There's a TV up there all the time so it will be great to have that resource for our class. We talked about the new Doctrinal Mastery program and how it will work this year. I'm still very much in the dark about what's going on but there was a training session on Saturday that Becky was going to. I had to work so I missed out again.
   Thursday, I worked which just takes everything out of me to do much when I get home. That day was unusual also because a sister from our ward was there and I was going to see her after work but I heard a "code blue" called to her room number and then Stephen texted me and told me that she had passed away. I missed out on seeing Sr. Louise  Atwood but I know that she is in a much better place.
   It was so hot this week that we watered the plants a whole lot more than usual. The summer was not as hot as last year but it started out drier and hotter at the first and then it cooled down in the middle and now it's getting hot again. Just strange but also a sign of the last days.... so cool!
   Friday, Stephen worked on painting the "pink" room upstairs. I had picked out the color I wanted for my "office" and Stephen and I moved all the remaining furniture out so that it didn't get in the way. He started painting that morning and by the evening he was mostly done. It was a lovely shade of Brazilian Tan.
That night Samuel had a Priest/Laurel Swim Party at the local swim and tennis club. Stephen wanted to go to since the Stake Counselor over the youth was not going to make it. I think they both had a great time.
   Saturday, I worked at the hospital and Stephen finished up the room upstairs. When I came home we moved in  the desk and tables so that I would have a place to study my scriptures and prepare my lessons for Seminary. That night Samuel had a dance in Renton and Stephen took him and just stayed there until he was done. Stephen was able to get some church work done and I was able to go to bed early.
   Today, Katie Manning had her missionary farewell. She doesn't leave until September 14 but they wanted her to speak today along with the high councilman.  She did a great job bearing her testimony and there were some inactive and non-members in the congregation.
   I felt the spirit very strong during Sacrament meeting. Tasha Heywood sang "I heard Him Come" while Rebekah played the piano which was lovely and then the Sacrament was blessed by a young man who was recently baptized and ordained a priest. He did a good job. Samuel didn't get to bless the Sacrament since we were not there early enough but he passed the Sacrament and he was so happy to do that. It is a privilege to participate in the Sacrament and renew covenants and be clean. What a blessed time to live!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I do like that color WAY better than the pink and blue. Looks classic and elegant. Are you teaching seminary? I thought you weren't.

    ReplyDelete