Sunday, January 17, 2016

17 January 2016 -- Women's Conference

Another week has flown by and 2016 is in full swing.                        
The beginning of the week, Monday and Tuesday, I taught Seminary and finished up the Book of Judges. The whole book focused on the cycle of sin and repentance and rescue through a Judge in Israel. It is amazing to see how easy it was for the chosen people to forget their God and worship the false gods of those around them. It made me consider, what were the “false gods” that I have worshipped in my life? How do I keep from falling into the trap of the “sin cycle”? Better to “cling to the rod” and worship the only true God and Jesus Christ whom He sent. Little things matter so much!
This week Dad put up the railing in the back stairway. He still needs to stain it but the hard part is done and it looks nice. We also worked on cleaning out the kitchen, organizing the pantry and cupboards. Things are starting to look good but it seems to take two to three times more time than you think it should…lol.
Samuel had 3 games this week. He only got to play in 2 of the games but he is happy about being on the team and he looks good in his uniform. I did have to wash his pants before one of his games since he fell on his knees in the mud. Otherwise he is getting in better and better shape. He had Scout merit badge clinic on Saturday (yesterday) and he is one merit badge away for his Life Rank. He is working on Family Life, Personal Fitness and Radio. Hopefully he’ll get all of them soon and start on his Eagle.
While Samuel was at the clinic, Stephen and I went to the Stake Center for brunch with the RS sisters and their Women's Conference this year. We had some nice speakers and a video presentation after the meal. President Stroud asked if I wanted to sit on the stand with him and Stephen and I said that I always like sitting with Stephen but when it came down to actually doing it, I was very uncomfortable and didn’t feel like I should be up there. But it was nice to see all the sisters. I talked with Maika Sueferling about her new grandbaby and spoke with the sisters from the Spanish Branch along with lots of sisters from our ward and around the stake so it was a productive meeting for me.
Café Rio is open now here in Kent and I tried it out on Friday. Stephen had lunch with his old friends from work and that left me by myself since Rebekah was substituting 5th grade at Neely O’Brien (which she says she will never do again…lol). I had a burrito and enjoyed it very much. It was very much like the one in Provo except there were booths instead of tables and chairs but it reminded me of the wonderful times I’ve spent with my family and friends in Provo. The food was nice but the memories were so much better. Love you all!
Friday night we had Sisters-in-White at the temple. Your dad and I went to the 3:00 session and then to the 5:30 meeting in the downstairs chapel. We stayed in white because he had to sit up front and he wanted me to sit with him. With Stake Conference the end of the month, it looks like we will be going to the temple every week this month. It’s great! I hope we get to do that more often.
Stephen is deciding whether to apply to some specific jobs at the temple or in other areas of professional interest outside the church. Please keep him in your prayers so that we make the right decision that will be what the Lord wants us to do. This decision will make all the difference in the next few years for us. Thank you!
Please remember that you are always in our prayers…that’s why they take so long…and you are all so very loved.
Love,

moms

No comments:

Post a Comment