Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hopefully, everyone is recovered financially from Christmas and starting the new year with a determination to get or stay out of debt. Also, there is plenty of work to do on relationships and physical fitness - Oh, where to start. We are inventoring all the food storage we have in our house. That's the best way to start becoming self-reliant - figure out where you are now and where you want to be. Rebekah is in charge of getting the inventory list done. I'm in charge of preparing the list of things we need (menus and lists of supplies that go with them). Everyone will be working toward getting the basics on hand.
As to physical fitness, Ben is taking two PE classes (weight training and fitness and health) and he is also being challenged in Dance to chart his aerobic activity every week. Stephen continues to run at least three times per week and I'm trying to locate an exercise bike so I can start getting in better shape. We are trying to utilize our food storage to eat healthy homemade foods. It's been a challenge but I know it will be worth it.
Hopefully, everyone is also working on the most important aspects of our lives here in mortality and that's those precious relationships that are eternal. I'm reading the Love Dare book that I gave to all the couples. I hope that you are doing something in your relationships also on a daily basis. Start with the most important - that's your spouse, then reach out to your children and other family members. Finally, we all need to become Christ-like with all of God's children (I know I'm not even close on this one but I'm working on it).
Well, I've rattled on. I hope to have more concrete info in the future.
Love, momma Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment